7 PM, LTC
Meeting called to order at: 7:01.
Approval of minutes
Approval of Feb 2019 minutes: Not posted — Postponed.
$850.29 balance in account. Suggested donation of $10 is welcome.
Lt. Nobrega (new Charlie Sector supervisor in evening shift)
- 5 Agg Assaults; 5 arrests.
- 1 robbery and 1 shoplift incidents still under investigation
- 5 disorderlies; 4 which led to arrests.
Update on progress of Athenian Corner Hotel Construction by Ted Panagiotopoulos, and Matt Hammer.
- Very close to starting construction. Just waiting on some final approvals and financing issues involving the federal government.
- 12-15 months expected construction duration.
- Rooftop bar was not approved by NPS. But a portion of the new building will have a 6th floor that will have a large function space for up to 150 people with lots of glass and great views.
- Parking will be provided in a city garage for up to 55 guests. Possibly using valet parking.
- Restaurant will have to close for some portion of the construction. Looking to continue operation in temporary quarters elsewhere in the downtown.
- Adjacent sidewalks will be closed for duration of construction. But no street closures will be required.
- Construction staging and parking is being looked at off-site.
Northern Middlesex Council of Governments (NMCOG) representatives will present and solicit input for the next Regional Transportation Plan (RTP). (Justin Hoard, Jong Wai Tommee, Chris Curry)
- RTP covers 20 year period.
- Directs up to $264M in federal funding to projects in the region.
- RTP funds over the last 4 years have paid for:
- GPS tracking of fixed-route LRTA busses.
- New LRTA vehicles
- Gallagher Station improvements
- New University Ave bridge.
- Possible future RTP projects:
- New Rourke bridge (baby steps; maybe in ~ 10yrs)
- Appleton/Gorham/Church intersection improvements
- Appleton Street corridor “Complete Streets” improvements
- Upcoming open-house style public meeting to take comments on the RTP at Lowell Senior Center on 3/7/2019 from 4:30 – 7:30.
Portion of Kirk Street will be closed due to nearby roof construction.
LDNA is entered in fundraiser Chili competition. St Anne’s 3/1/2019. 6:30 – 9:00pm.
Meeting Adjourns at 7:51.